Re: protocol change in 7.4

From: Darren Johnson <darren(at)up(dot)hrcoxmail(dot)com>
To: Satoshi Nagayasu <pgsql(at)snaga(dot)org>
Cc: Mike Mascari <mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: protocol change in 7.4
Date: 2002-11-05 00:55:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>I'm now implementing 2PC replication and distributed transaction. My 2PC
>needs some supports in startup packet to establish a replication session
>or a recovery session.
>
>BTW, my 2PC replication is working, and I'm implementing 2PC recovery now.

I would like to here more about your implementation. Do you have some
documentation that I
could read?

If not, perhaps (if you have the time) you could put together a post
describing your work. Like
Is it an internal or external solution. Are you sending SQL or tuples
in your update messages.
How are you handling failure detection? Is this partial or full
replication?

Please forgive me for asking so many questions, but I'm rather intrigued
by database
replication.

Darren