Support for javax.sql.DataSource ..

From: lalit <lalit(dot)mathwani(at)sun(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Support for javax.sql.DataSource ..
Date: 2002-10-15 20:42:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi ,

My name is Lalit - I am with Sun Microsystems - with the SunOne
Appserver team .

I am trying to use postgre with one of our sample applications .. and I
had a question :

Sun One App server7.0 needs an implementation of javax.sql.DataSource if
it has to be able to create a connection pool for a particular DB.

The latest stable jdbc driver currently available off
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html
doesnt have an implementation of javax.sql.DataSource . I also couldnt
locate a class implementing the same within the beta version of the 7.3
driver .

I was just wondering if there is a plan to support an implementation of
javax.sql.DataSource in the near future ..?

Thanks a million in advance for all yr replies ..
Lalit