Data Dump Issue

From: Murali Mohan Kasetty <kasetty(at)india(dot)hp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data Dump Issue
Date: 2002-09-20 13:15:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm trying to dump the data from one PostgreqSQL 7.1.3 server to
another PostgreqSQL 7.1.3 server.

As per the documentation given, I have used the following commands
for the dump

In first server
----------------------------
pg_dump -o dbname > outfile

Its created outfile without any errors.

In Second server
------------------------------------
(1) ./createdb dbname
(2) ./psql dbname < outfile

When I try to run the command (2) in Second server, I got the following

error

"pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
before or while processing the request.
PQendcopy: resetting connection"

and the error message on Postmaster console is "Socket command type \
unknown"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Murali