Re: make installcheck in contrib

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: make installcheck in contrib
Date: 2002-09-14 03:27:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com> writes:
>
>>When I run `make installcheck` from ~/pgsql/contrib the test progresses until
>>it hits one that fails (cube is currently failing for me), and then the test
>>stops. Is there any way to get the test to continue through the rest of
>>contrib, despite one or more individual failures?
>
> Have not tried it, but offhand I would expect "make -k installcheck" to
> do what you want.

Dooooh, I was thinking it was a Makefile thing. `make -k installcheck` doesn't
seem to do it, but `make -i installcheck` does.

Thanks!

Joe

p.s. FWIW, the following contrib regression tests are failing (on RH7.3)
- cube -- error message format
- seg -- error message format
- tsearch -- "server closed the connection unexpectedly"