Re: PL/PgSQL Index Usage with Trigger Variables

From: Thomas F(dot)O'Connell <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: PgSql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: mike(at)fuhr(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/PgSQL Index Usage with Trigger Variables
Date: 2005-01-19 07:46:33
Lists: pgsql-general

It looks like the indexes are in fact used when trigger variables are
referenced in where clauses in PL/pgSQL. Thanks for the idea of
investigating the plans in the logs for this info.

Follow-up question: are indexes used in dynamically executed queries?

Rather than SEQSCAN or INDEXSCAN in the DETAIL item, I see RESULT
followed by a large amount of unreadable (by me) output.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect