Re: OOP real life example (was Re: Why is MySQL more

From: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
To: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
Subject: Re: OOP real life example (was Re: Why is MySQL more
Date: 2002-08-14 12:56:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hannu Krosing wrote:

> I guess what he meant was that you were arguing for arguments sake (mine
> is better than yours! Yes it is! Yes it is! ...)

That's the dictionary definition of the phrase.

> and not to get to some
> solution,

and that's the source of the frustration. I only re-subscribed to the
list because we at OpenACS had examined PG's OO extensions quite
thoroughly before rejecting the current implementation as being not
useful for our work, and I thought our reasoning might be of interest.

> dismissing perfectly good arguments with a simple"not true"
> statements and suggesting people to read heavy books with the claim that
> the truth is somewhere in there ;)

and that's what's I mean when I say he's been arguing from authority.

--
Don Baccus
Portland, OR