type conversion / casting doc

From: Kevin Brannen <kevinb(at)nurseamerica(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: type conversion / casting doc
Date: 2002-08-01 18:33:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

OK, I can't take it anymore, I'm going insane! :-)

I *really* need a type conversion/casting doc I can figure out how to
write some of my sql, but I can't find one in the docs. Therefore, I'll
volunteer (though I'm sure I don't know what I'm getting myself into. :-)

But, where to get the info to create such a table? Can anyone give me
any pointers to code, regression tests, anything that would show what
casts are possible, and I'll take that and put it into a nice table for
the docs.

TIA!
Kevin