Re: newbie question

From: Ignacio Coloma <icoloma-lists(at)iverdino(dot)com>
To: Mirco D'Angelo <dangelo(at)isic(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: newbie question
Date: 2002-07-08 20:28:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

Transactions (well, recently mysql allows them but using propietary
extensions), foreign key relationships, subqueries, stored
procedures/triggers. MySQL lacks all of these.

On the other side, postgres is only ported on *nix platforms, but you
can put cygwin/cygipc on Windows, if that is the case. And mysql is
"friendlier", that means wrong column value types (INT_VALUE = '5') and
double quotes working as simple quotes, so it's easier to start with.

As far as I can remember.