Re: Selecting data from a table created in another database...

From: Chantal Ackermann <chantal(dot)ackermann(at)biomax(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: lmpimentel(at)yahoo(dot)com
Subject: Re: Selecting data from a table created in another database...
Date: 2002-07-05 12:08:42
Lists: pgsql-sql

hi Ligia,

there was a posting to this list some time ago, about the same question.
I just found it as I had the same question as you:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/1998-05/msg00091.php

(in short: it is not possible in Postgres)

the mail is from 1998, but I just tried to make a select using
mydatabase.mytable as table name in a select statement and this does not
work.

Chantal