Using the EXPLAIN results

From: Braud Agnes <Agnes(dot)Braud(at)lifo(dot)univ-orleans(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using the EXPLAIN results
Date: 2002-05-24 18:26:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I am using the libpq library, and I would like to get the plan
returned by the explain command for a given query to decide
if I execute the query or not. I want to get the time predicted
by the optimizer for the execution of the query.
Is it possible to get the plan as a string in a C or C++ program ?
Thanks.

Agnes.