Re: refcursor returned by pl/psql to jdbc

From: Richard Emberson <emberson(at)phc(dot)net>
To: Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: refcursor returned by pl/psql to jdbc
Date: 2002-04-11 18:19:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION user_data_select_all(BIGINT, REFCURSOR)
RETURNS REFCURSOR AS '
DECLARE
-- parameters
owner_id_p ALIAS FOR $1;
BEGIN
OPEN $2 FOR SELECT *
FROM user_data
WHERE
owner_id = owner_id_p;
RETURN $2;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' WITH (isstrict);

try {
String cursorName = "XXXX";
stmt.setCursorName(cursorName);
ResultSet res =
stmt.executeQuery("begin; SELECT user_data_select_all("
+userId.toString()+",'"
+cursorName +"');");

while (res.next()) {
Long ownerId = new Long(res.getLong(1));

Bad Long XXXX
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.toLong(ResultSet.java:1498)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.getLong(ResultSet.java:257)

I can name it and it still fails

Richard