Re: "No results were returned by the query" exceptions

From: Tim Lewis <tim(dot)lewis(at)hitwise(dot)com>
To: Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "No results were returned by the query" exceptions
Date: 2002-03-20 02:44:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

For what its worth Dave, there are two places in my code where it the
exception occurs and with both of them there is a prior statement to lock
the table in share row exclusive mode. ie:

Statement st = db.createStatement();
st.executeUpdate("lock table tablex in share row exclusive mode");

String statment = "select col1 from tablex where col2 = ?";
PreparedStatement ps = db.prepareStatement(statement);
ps.setString(1, col2text);
ResultSet rs = ps.executeQuery(); // <- Exception thrown here

It may be coincidental but I thought it would be remiss of me to leave it
out.

Tim.

--
Tim Lewis