Re: cannot initdb

From: Joseph Koenig <joe(at)jwebmedia(dot)com>
To: Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cannot initdb
Date: 2002-03-12 17:46:46
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't see a SYSV IPC anywhere in the LINT file or the GENERIC. I
looked at:

http://www3.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/admin/kernel-resources.html

and recompiled my kernel accordingly. This is in a jail, does that
affect things? I rebuild the kernel for the jail and restarted the jail
- received the same error. Any ideas? Should I try installing from the
source, or are the ports the best way to go? BTW, this machine has 1GB
of RAM and is a 1GHz processor if that helps at all. Thanks,

Joe