How do I return more than one value in a postgresql pl/pgsql procedure?

From: Mark Nielsen <python(at)kepnet(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How do I return more than one value in a postgresql pl/pgsql procedure?
Date: 2002-02-22 17:56:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello!

I am have been trying to figure out how I can get a pl/pgsql procedure
to return more than one variable or perhaps a row. A procedure you
create can accept more than one variable, I don't see why it shoudn't be
able to return more than one variable in some fashion.I read rumors that
pl/pgsql can return rows (which would contain one or more variables
per row), but I didn't find hard examples of how to do it.

What table lists the stored procedures you created with pl/pgsql or
pl/perl? I was trying to find it with /dS in psql, but I didn't see
anything obvious.
Thanks!
Mark