documenting PL/pgsql functions

From: Richard Emberson <emberson(at)phc(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: documenting PL/pgsql functions
Date: 2002-02-19 19:44:17
Lists: pgsql-general

I wish to document my PL/pgsql functions in such a way that I can later
generate html
pages, much like JavaDoc does for Java. There is a general documentation
generator
called doxygen which lets one use special syntax for comments, like

/*!
*/

and embedded key words for procedure inputs and outputs, and then html
can be generated.
Using this requires that a configuation file be created just for PL/pgql
comments (or maybe
just any database procedural language with the same types of comments /*

Does anyone have any experience using doxygen with PL/pgsql?
Any other way?

Richard