testing PL/pgsql functions

From: Richard Emberson <emberson(at)phc(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: testing PL/pgsql functions
Date: 2002-02-19 17:21:56
Lists: pgsql-general

I am in the process of designing a bunch of tables and PL/pgsql
functions. What I would
like is to write some 'unit' level tests with some postgresql friendly
test harness.

For example, I might use the tcl procedural language and tcl's expect
test extension
to write expect scripts that call my pgsql functions. Or I might use the
Java JUnit
test harness and JDBC to write tests that call my functions.

Any advice?
Anyone done this already and have some 'lessons learned'?
Is there a built in test harness for pgsql functions?

Richard