[Fwd: Re: Oracle compatibility]

From: Marc Lavergne <mlavergn(at)richlava(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Oracle compatibility]
Date: 2002-02-11 23:19:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Are you sure you wanted "current_date" (CURRDATE) and not
"current_timestamp"? "current_date" is not entirely synonymous with an
Oracle DATE since it doesn't have a timestamp component.

As for the outer join syntax, I agree, it's not a treat. I was toying
with the idea of writing a standalone parser but for now (like you) I
bit the bullet and converted it to SQL99 syntax. This would make an
excellent 7.3 feature.

--
01010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101

Marc P. Lavergne [wk:407-648-6996]
Product Development
richLAVA Corporation

--

"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with
Browser X' label on a Web page appears to be

01010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101