How do you return more than one variable in a plpgsql function?

From: Mark Nielsen <python(at)kepnet(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How do you return more than one variable in a plpgsql function?
Date: 2002-02-07 20:43:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have never figured out how to make a plpgsql function return more than
one variable or type. I read something where a function an return an
open cursor, but I never figured out how. I want a function to be able
to return an entire row of a table or a number of fields from different
tables using plpgsql.

How can I do that?
Thanks!
Mark