Few questions

From: Joep deVocht <joep(at)masktools(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Few questions
Date: 2002-02-01 21:28:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a few questions. I read through the docs but didn't
seem to find the answers.

SQL:

- Is it possible to check whether a table exists?
(I have a script in which I need to delete tables when they exist.
And I don't want the error-message when I simply delete it)

- Id there a call to retrieve all table names?

Interface:

- I'm using large objects. What I see is that if I create a large object
and then delete it again later (which will happen often), the large
object id
(loid) keeps increasing. This worries me a bit since I don't know
what's going to
happen when that variable hit MAXINT or something similar.
Is there a way to reset the loid?

Many thanx in advance.

Joep de Vocht.