ALTER ROLE role-name-with-hyphen

From: Tom Copeland <tom(at)infoether(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ALTER ROLE role-name-with-hyphen
Date: 2008-08-08 20:49:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all -

This is probably a new bee question... but, how do I change the
password of a role that has a hyphen in the name?

======================
$ createuser --no-superuser --createdb --no-createrole foo-bar
$ psql

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help with psql commands
\q to quit

postgres=# ALTER USER foo-bar WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'foo-bar';
ERROR: syntax error at or near "-"
LINE 1: ALTER USER foo-bar WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'foo-bar';
^

So I can create the role but I can't figure out how to modify it.
I've tried a variety of quoting and backslashing and such, but no luck
yet.... any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom