Re: checkpoint hang in 7.2b4

From: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: checkpoint hang in 7.2b4
Date: 2002-01-12 04:30:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com> writes:
> > ./pgbench -n -t 100 -h $HOST -c 100 bench
>
> > It hung in the checkpoint. I wasn't able to trace it.
>
> Hung, or just took longer than you expected?

No, hung, 20 minutes. Load average dropped to zero.

> I don't see how you expect us to do anything with that report.
> I can assure you I've run quite a few pgbenches on stock RH
> Linux 7.2, with no sign of a problem. So you'll have to do some
> investigation of your own, if you see a problem...

Hey I didn't have the debugger going, I was doing a performance test. I will
look into it if it happens again. This wasn't a request for help, it was a
heads up. If what I saw was anomalous that's great, but if it isn't I want to
make sure that you guys heard about it, just in case.