Re: PostgreSQL GUI

From: Tommi Makitalo <t(dot)maekitalo(at)epgmbh(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL GUI
Date: 2002-01-05 20:15:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I didn't want to start a flamewar for some GUI-tools here. I just happen
to use KDE and I felt that creating a KDE-only tool isn't a good idea.
Qt is a toolkit I happen to know. I wanted just to start a PostgreSQL
GUI, because there seems to be a need for it. Usually I think more about
structure and technics and so on, when I program, but I wanted just to
get a quick start.

So please stop the discussion here about toolkits. It don't belong here
into the pgsql-general mailinglist. I hope there will be a mailinglist
for my PostgreSQL GUI or maybe others (what about
pgsql-gui(at)postgresql(dot)org?). There you can discuss about toolkits and
which one is best for a PostgreSQL GUI. And if someone like toolkit foo
more: just make your gui. You can use as much code of mine as you want.
That's gpl for.

Tommi