Re: Conversion from Number to Date

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
To: M Sarwar <sarwarmd02(at)outlook(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Conversion from Number to Date
Date: 2023-06-16 02:29:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

> On Jun 15, 2023, at 8:23 PM, M Sarwar <sarwarmd02(at)outlook(dot)com> wrote:
>
> During the data load from CSV files to the database, the above START_TIME and STOP_TIME date column data arrived as number value.
> Now I need to translate the START_TIME and STOP_TIME back to DATE format.

Add a number to a date, you get a date that many days out. Similarly, you can add an interval to a timestamp. So you'll need to know the base used for those numbers, and the unit of measurement.

For instance, if the numbers for date are an offset from 1970-01-01 (Unix epoch):

'1970-01-01'::date + <number>

If the numbers for time are seconds from then:

'1970-01-01'::timestamptz + '<number> seconds'::interval

Of course you'll also need to know what time zone the times are in, I will graciously leave that as an exercise ;-)

Also, the documentation page you needed:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/functions-datetime.html