Re: Create Table

From: Mike Mascari <mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com>
To: Marcelo Pereira <gandalf(at)sum(dot)desktop(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Create Table
Date: 2001-11-13 14:02:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Marcelo Pereira wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know it is a really single question, but I am without any
> reference... Does anyone can help me ?
>
> I have to tables (example): 'seller' and 'sells'
>
> seller:
>
> CodSeller | NameSeller
> ----------------------
> 1435 | Mark
> 2486 | Tim
>
> Sells:
>
> CodSell | CodSeller | Description
> ---------------------------------
> 001 | 1435 | xya sfaks
> 002 | 2486 | sdf sdfsd
>
> So, I can create seller like:
>
> create table seller (codseller integer, nameseller char(35));
>
> My question is how to create 'Sells' and link it with 'Seller', can I
> force delete cascades with this relation ?

How about:

create table seller (
codseller integer unique not null,
nameseller varchar(35) not null
);

create table sells (
codsell integer unique not null,
codseller integer references seller(codseller) on delete cascade,
description varchar(35) not null);

Hope that helps,

Mike Mascari
mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com