Re: Status of 7.2

From: Christof Petig <christof(at)petig-baender(dot)de>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Status of 7.2
Date: 2001-11-07 12:07:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> OK, 7.2 is looking _very_ good. We have very few open items. They are:
>
> Source Code Changes
> -------------------
> Compile in syslog feature by default? (Peter, Tom)
> AIX compile (Tatsuo)
> Libpq++ compile on Solaris (Peter)
>
> Documentation Changes
> ---------------------
>
> The always-updated list is at:
>
> ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/open_items.
>
> I also have created a post-7.2 list of items that are either patches
> that need to be applied or discussed for 7.3. That is at:
>
> http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches2
>
> This list is longer than usual. Seems we have quite a number of things
> in-progress that can be worked on as soon as 7.2 is complete. If there
> are things there than can be decided now, please dig in and send an
> email to the hackers list.

I would suggest to schedule my patch (the last on the list) for 7.2 since it
finishes the work I began for 7.2.
Since some patches (part of the work/redesign) are in but the last two are
yet unapplied (IIRC Michael is really busy at the moment), I'd vote for not
leaving this work half-done.

Christof