Re: Holiday Calculations?

From: clayton cottingham <drfrog(at)smartt(dot)com>
To: Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Holiday Calculations?
Date: 2001-09-19 21:49:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

Brett Schwarz wrote:

> I couldn't resist, so I went ahead and did all of them. I might be using
> these in a future app anyways. Again these are Tcl procs, but you may be
> able to transfer the logical to another language, if you want.

if you need this in perl i think Data::Manip might hep:

Date_IsHoliday
$name=&Date_IsHoliday($date);

This returns undef if $date is not a holiday, or a
string containing the name of the holiday otherwise.
An empty string is returned for an unnamed holiday.

also there is a section on holidays in the
config file where you can set up your own :
1/1 = New Year's Day
third Monday in Feb = Presidents' Day
fourth Thu in Nov = Thanksgiving

hope this is useful!