Re: prob with PERL/Postgres

From: Allan Engelhardt <allane(at)cybaea(dot)com>
To: Kristopher Yates <kris(at)grinz(dot)com>
Subject: Re: prob with PERL/Postgres
Date: 2001-08-06 20:54:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

1. I'm assuming that psql works fine? psql -h 127.0.0.1 mpact?
1b. Have you checked the port?? You ARE running postmaster with the '-i' option, aren't you?

The recommended solutions are typically to use the DBI and DBD modules. Try man DBD::Pg.

Alternatively: have you tried the setdbLogin method instead:

$conn = Pg::setdbLogin($pghost, $pgport, $pgoptions, $pgtty, $dbname, $login, $pwd)

Opens a new connection to the backend. The connection
identifier $conn ( a pointer to the PGconn structure )
must be used in subsequent commands for unique identifica-
tion. Before using $conn you should call $conn->status to
ensure, that the connection was properly made. Closing a
connection is done by deleting the connection handle, eg
'undef $conn;'.

Hope this helps a little......

Allan