Re: Problems with ORACLE

From: Alejandro Fuentes González <alejandro(dot)fuentes(at)SSP(dot)DF(dot)GOB(dot)MX>
To: "Schleis, David" <dave(at)mail(dot)slh(dot)wisc(dot)edu>, "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems with ORACLE
Date: 2003-08-01 19:33:16
Lists: pgsql-odbc

David, I have talked with the people of Oracle and they told me that:

El problema radica en la diferencia del comportamiento default de los
simbolos, Oracle transforma todo a mayusculas, postgres a minusculas.
En el momento de resolver la query, esta se transforma en
select field from table(at)link
-> select "A1"."FIELD" from "TABLE" A1
Como el ultimo alias posgres lo transforma a minusculas este es equivalente
-> select "A1"."FIELD" from "TABLE" "a1"

El cual no puede resolver.
TRANSLATING:

THE PROBLEM IS THE DIFFERENT BEHAVIOR OF THE DEFAULT SIMBOLS, ORACLE
TRANSFORMS EVERYTHING TO UPPERCASES, POSTGRES TO LOWECASES.

WHEN THEY TRY TO RESOLVE THE QUERY ITS´ TRANSLATE FROM:
SELECT FIELD FROM TABLE(at)LINK <mailto:TABLE(at)LINK>
TO:
TO SELECT "A1"."FIELD" FROM "TABLE" A1

BECAUSE THE LAST ALIAS POSTGRES TRANSLATES TO LOWERCASE THIS IS EQUIVALENT
TO:
SELECT "A1"."FIELD" FROM "TABLE" "a1"

THE WICH ONE CANNOT BE RESOLVE.

THEY ARE ASKING ME IF THERE IS A WAY TO CHANGE THIS BEHAVIOR.

You have already told me that there is not a way around so they are going to
declare this as a bug.