Re: pg_dumpall: does not exist database

From: Ari Kahn <akahn1(at)gmu(dot)edu>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dumpall: does not exist database
Date: 2006-04-25 14:38:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Apr 25, 2006, at 8:46 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:

> * Ari Kahn (akahn1(at)gmu(dot)edu) wrote:
>> That was a good idea. But this is not the case.
>
> You might try just looking at pg_database directly:
>
> select * from pg_database;
>
> Or (as someone else suggested) pipeing the output into a file which
> you can then look at.
That was a good idea. At least I could see the name of the DB:

datname | datdba | encoding | datistemplate | datallowconn |
datconnlimit | datlastsysoid | datvacuumxid | datfrozenxid |
dattablespace | datconfig | datacl
---------------+--------+----------+---------------+--------------
+--------------+---------------+--------------+--------------
+---------------+-----------+------------------------
postgres | 10 | 0 | f | t
| -1 | 10791 | 499 | 499
| 1663 | |
barry | 16387 | 0 | f | t
| -1 | 10791 | 575 | 575
| 1663 | |
foodmart
| 16384 | 0 | f | t |
-1 | 10791 | 576 | 576 | 1663
| |

You'll notice the database foodmart has a carriage return or new
line. I still can't figure out how to get rid of it though.
The other weird thing is that the database name does not appear
during the psql query. It only appears when I pipe it out.