Help on a sql querry.

From: David BOURIAUD <david(dot)bouriaud(at)ac-rouen(dot)fr>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help on a sql querry.
Date: 2001-06-13 09:17:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi the list !
I've got a table in which I've got informations about persons.
I'd like to know how many there are by etablissements, and the detail by
sex.
So, here is how my table is described :
table can :
num_can //candidate number
nom_can //name
cod_sex //sex of candidate : M=Man, F = Woman
cod_eta // Etablissemnt where this person is.

Any idea ? I'd like to avoid unions, cause it makes many lines for too
few informations....
Thanks by advance.
--
David BOURIAUD
In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have