Bit Mapping operation

From: Najm Hashmi <najm(at)flipr(dot)com>
To: pgsql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bit Mapping operation
Date: 2001-06-11 15:54:43
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all, I am just wondering if bit map operations are possible in
pl/pgsql. We are storing sixteen different (one or many ... i.e. check
boxes ) choices in a small int. For data cruchinging reasons, we need
to reverse the process to find out what what fields where selected or
checked. Is this info somewhere in the docs?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

--
Najm Hashmi