Re: Packaging 7.1.1

From: Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop(at)alert(dot)infoplease(dot)com>
To: Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Packaging 7.1.1
Date: 2001-05-04 13:11:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:

> Rachit Siamwalla <rachit(at)ensim(dot)com> writes:
>
> > Also i never got a response on who actually packages those linux init
> > scripts that appear in the RPM but not on the pgsql cvs tree. (i am also
> > curious on why it is different, and how the RPM is built).
>
> Lamar Owen and I.

Is the current snapshot available? I have submitted fixes twice now for what I am fairly sure is a bug in the init script. At least one of the posts was the shortly after lamar posted the RC3 RPM. Yet the bug remained.

This is not a complaint -- you guys have put alot of effort into the RPMs and they are very solid IMHO. But I would like the chance to look at the RPM as it stands sometime before 7.1, as I have to customize the RPM yet again to distribute a working init script to our servers.

Have you thought about a CVS store some place for the RPM files?

--
Karl