7.1 bug fix question

From: Steve Wampler <swampler(at)noao(dot)edu>
To: postgres-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 7.1 bug fix question
Date: 2001-04-18 15:28:19
Lists: pgsql-general

One of the listed bug fixes is:

Disallow INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE on views

Can some one give me a little insight on what this
implies?

In particular, I currently (pg 7.0.3) have views with
trigger functions on insert and update that trap the
action and recast it to a table (after doing some checks).

Will this still work with 7.1?

Thanks!
--
Steve Wampler- SOLIS Project, National Solar Observatory
swampler(at)noao(dot)edu