help

From: Loïc Bourgeois <loic(dot)bourgeois(at)mobileway(dot)com>
To: rmello(at)fslc(dot)usu(dot)edu
Cc: pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: help
Date: 2001-04-06 07:49:46
Lists: pgsql-sql

I read your document about the porting from Oracle to PgSql and I would
like to know if
you can say to me if there is an equivalent on an the option NOWAIT for
a request
SELECT ... FOR UPDATE (for Oracle) under PgSql.

This option don't wait a previus unlock and return the information like
the line can't be lock.

Oracle:
SELECT * FROM toto WHERE id =4 and value = 'hello' FOR UPDATE NOWAIT;

PsSql:

Tanks a lot....