Re: ecpg long int problem on alpha + fix

From: Adriaan Joubert <a(dot)joubert(at)albourne(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ecpg long int problem on alpha + fix
Date: 2001-04-05 06:13:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> Adriaan Joubert <a(dot)joubert(at)albourne(dot)com> writes:
> > Yes, dropping the CPP flags solves the problem for us. I assume all
> > platforms have long long now?
>
> Surely you jest.

Yep, it was a rhetorical question.

I think we probably do need the CPP defines from my patch in there, so
that it really doesn't work on platforms that do not have int8. But I do
not know the ins-and-outs of the ecpg code, so that's Michael's call. As
long as it works on my shiny alpha-boxes at the end of it all I'm happy
;-)

Adriaan