Re: porting question: funky uid names?

From: Mark Bixby <mark(at)bixby(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: porting question: funky uid names?
Date: 2001-03-10 01:41:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > But now runcheck dies during the install of PL/pgSQL, with createlang
> > complaining about a missing lib/plpgsql.sl.
>
> > I did do an MPE implementation of dynloader.c, but I was under the dim
> > impression this was only used for user-added functions, not core
> > functionality. Am I mistaken? Are you dynaloading core functionality too?
>
> No, but the regress tests try to test plpgsql too ... you should be able
> to dike out the createlang call and have all tests except the plpgsql
> regress test work.

Is it possible to re-run failing regression tests individually? It took
somewhere between 30-45 minutes for me to run the entire suite, and if I have
to run the whole thing every time when I'm only trying to fix just a single
test, that will get old pretty fast, and so will I. ;-)

Thanks.
--
mark(at)bixby(dot)org
Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve scarce California electrons...