Re: porting question: funky uid names?

From: Mark Bixby <mark(at)bixby(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: porting question: funky uid names?
Date: 2001-03-09 22:59:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Oh, of course: foo.bar is not a single token to the boot scanner.
> It needs to be in quotes. Try this patch (line numbers are for 7.1
> but probably OK for 7.0.*)

...snip...
> --- src/include/catalog/pg_shadow.h Fri Mar 9 16:57:53 2001
...snip...
> ! DATA(insert OID = 0 ( "POSTGRES" PGUID t t t t _null_ _null_ ));
>
> #endif /* PG_SHADOW_H */
>
> You'll need to rebuild global.bki (over in src/backend/catalog)
> afterwards, but the executables don't change.

I modified pg_shadow.h as instructed and ran a make from src, and that rebuilt
global1.bki.source in src/backend/catalog.

However, when I did make runtest, it appears to install from
src/backend/global1.bki.source which was still the old version. I modified
that old version by hand and reran make runtest. The uid name error has been
solved. Thanks!

So why is there a backend/global1.bki.source *and* a
backend/catalog/global1.bki.source?

But now runcheck dies during the install of PL/pgSQL, with createlang
complaining about a missing lib/plpgsql.sl.

I did do an MPE implementation of dynloader.c, but I was under the dim
impression this was only used for user-added functions, not core
functionality. Am I mistaken? Are you dynaloading core functionality too?

It seems that plpgsql.sl didn't get built. Might be an autoconf issue, since
quite frequently config scripts don't know about shared libraries on MPE. I
will investigate this further.
--
mark(at)bixby(dot)org
Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve scarce California electrons...