Help needed -> ERROR: record arow has no field description

From: Justin Clift <aa2(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
Subject: Help needed -> ERROR: record arow has no field description
Date: 2001-03-01 01:59:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I'm getting this error, which to me makes no sense. Running PostgreSQL
7.0.3 on Mandrake 7.2 (compiled from source, not the rpms).

The code is in a pl/pgsql function I am writing and I can't see why it's
complaining.

This is the appropriate part of the code :

<general CREATE type header>

arow record;

<other declarations>

BEGIN

<other code here, which works>

FOR arow IN select transaction_payments.cashback from
transaction_payments, payment_types where
transaction_payments.payment_type = payment_types.idnum LOOP
textbuf := text(arow.cashback);
textbuf := textcat(textbuf, '' '');
insert into receipts (receipt_num, data) values (trans_num,
textbuf);
END LOOP;

<general END type syntax>