postmaster question

From: root <Lonnie_Cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postmaster question
Date: 2001-02-20 23:48:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello All,

does anyone know how to get the postmaster set up properly in a native
version of Mandrake Linux 7.1?

I see that that RPM's are there, but the the backend daemon is not up
and running. I tried to just enter "postmaster" but it says that
I cannot be runnig it as root and that it needs it's own userid.

I did not see where in the docs that the install discusses this.

Any ideas anyone?

Best Regards,
Lonnie