Re: Postgres Benchmark

From: Ned Lilly <ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com>
To: Jreniz <jreniz(at)tutopia(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Benchmark
Date: 2001-02-16 20:47:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

They're a little dated, but Great Bridge funded some benchmarks last
summer putting Postgres 7.0 against Unnamed Proprietary Database 1
(version 8i) and Unnamed Proprietary Database 2 (version 7.0, available
for NT platform only). See
http://www.greatbridge.com/about/press.php?content_id=4

They ran the AS3AP and TPC-C benchmarks using an off-the-shelf
commercial product called Benchmark Factory, now part of Quest
Software. See http://www.quest.com/benchmark_factory/

Best regards,
Ned Lilly

Jreniz wrote:

> Hello!!
>
> I need demostrate that PostgreSQL is a great RDBMS for my undergraduate
> project, because this, Does somebody has a bechmark (or similar
> document) between Postgres and others DB (commercial DB's, principally)?
>
> Thanks in advance!!

Ned Lilly e: ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com
Vice President w: www.greatbridge.com
Evangelism / Hacker Relations v: 757.233.5523
Great Bridge, LLC f: 757.233.5555