Re: Crash-me of PostgreSQL

From: "Poul L(dot) Christiansen" <poulc(at)cs(dot)auc(dot)dk>
To: Uro Gruber <uros(dot)gruber(at)sir-mag(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crash-me of PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-02-14 14:26:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

crash-me is made specificially for MySQL and running it on PostgreSQL
(or any other DB) wouldn't be useful.

PostgreSQL beats MySQL on performance, when you use features that exist
on PostgreSQL that MySQL lacks (e.g. sub-selects).

Someone is working on an open database-independent benchmarking tool.
Does anyone know the status of that project?

Here is some benchmarking:
http://www.greatbridge.com/about/press.php?content_id=4

Poul L. Christiansen