view does not show all records it should

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <giovanni(dot)biscuolo(at)libero(dot)it>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: view does not show all records it should
Date: 2001-02-12 14:54:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

I set up a simple database in wich all works well, exept
one *very* strange (to me) result.

Some time ago I created this views:

CREATE VIEW mag_scaricati_view AS
SELECT s.id_carico, SUM(s.qta_scaricata) AS Scaricati
FROM mag_scarico_tbl s
GROUP BY s.id_carico;

CREATE VIEW mag_giacenza1_view AS
SELECT c.ref AS "Ref.",
p.descrizione_breve AS Descrizione,
c.id_carico AS "Scheda di carico",
c.qta_caricata AS "Caricati",
s.Scaricati,
(c.qta_caricata-s.Scaricati) AS "Giacenza"
FROM mag_carico_tbl c, mag_scaricati_view s , prd_ref_tbl p
WHERE (c.id_carico = s.id_carico) AND
(c.ref = p.ref);

Now, when I issue the following command:

SELECT * FROM mag_giacenza1_view

it shows me the records that was in the database the day
I created the view, _not all the records in the database_.
If I select "by hand" with the following statament (please
note it is the very same with which I created the view):

SELECT c.ref AS "Ref.",
p.descrizione_breve AS Descrizione,
c.id_carico AS "Scheda di carico",
c.qta_caricata AS "Caricati",
s.Scaricati,
(c.qta_caricata-s.Scaricati) AS "Giacenza"
FROM mag_carico_tbl c, mag_scaricati_view s , prd_ref_tbl p
WHERE (c.id_carico = s.id_carico) AND
(c.ref = p.ref);

it shows me all the records.

Please, is there anybody who can help me, I can't even imagine what's
happening. :-(((

Ciao.
--
Giovanni Biscuolo