Re: Auto-timestamp generator (attached)

From: Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Auto-timestamp generator (attached)
Date: 2001-02-09 00:18:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

> Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net> writes:
> > playpen=# select lastchg_addto('foo','c');
> > ERROR: plpgsql: cache lookup from pg_proc failed
>
> Somewhere you've got a stored plan --- probably a view or rule or
> trigger, if it persists across backend runs --- that refers to a plpgsql
> function that no longer exists (at least not under the same OID). You
> need to drop and recreate that view or whatever. Unfortunately you
> haven't shown us enough info to guess which one...
>
> regards, tom lane

It is persisting accross backend restarts, and on a newly created
database too. There are no views, rules, or triggers on this database.

If this is involving rules, could this be related to the patched version
of command.c that I have (the patch was to fix an error when trying to
add foreign keys, see:
http://postgresql.readysetnet.com/mhonarc/pgsql-sql/2000-12/msg00057.html
)?

The patched command.c is at: