Re: parse error in create index

From: Hubert Palme <palme(at)uni-wuppertal(dot)de>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: Hubert Palme <hubert(at)news(dot)tht(dot)net>
Subject: Re: parse error in create index
Date: 2001-02-08 23:21:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

Stephan Szabo wrote:

> Functional indexes cannot currently take constant values to the function,
> so it's complaining about the constant 'month'. The current workaround is
> probably to create a function that does the date_part('month', <arg>) for
> you and then use that function in the index creation.

OK, I got it now -- good old pascal/FORTRAN fashion. But now I get

adressen=> CREATE INDEX xxx ON geburtstage (geb_monat(geburtstag));
ERROR: DefineIndex: (null) class not found
adressen=>

What is a class in this sense, and where can I read about it in the
documentation?
(geburtstag is a row of type DATE in the table geburtstage)

--
Hubert Palme
palme(at)uni-wuppertal(dot)de