Re: SQL Join - MySQL/PostgreSQL difference?

From: Brice Ruth <brice(at)webprojkt(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL Join - MySQL/PostgreSQL difference?
Date: 2001-02-06 15:57:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

Here's some more details:

The following query:

SELECT * FROM tblpemdruglink WHERE drugid = 'DG-5039';

returns the following results:

drugid | monographid
---------+-------------
DG-5039 | 2008
(1 row)

the following query:

SELECT * FROM tblfdbmono WHERE
monographid='2008' AND
versionid='FDB-PE' AND
category='PEM';

returns the following results:

versionid | category | monographid | sequencenumber | sectioncode |
linetext
-----------+----------+-------------+----------------+-------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
{content}

sorry, the {content} is what's under NDA :(

In any case, you can see the structure of the tables tblpemdruglink and
tblfdbmono from here.

Now the following query:

SELECT sequencenumber,sectioncode,linetext
FROM tblfdbmono fdb, tblpemdruglink pem WHERE
fdb.monographid=pem.monographid AND
fdb.versionid='FDB-PE' AND
fdb.category='PEM' AND
pem.drugid='DG-5039';

Should return the same results as the second query above. However, this
is what I get:

sequencenumber | sectioncode | linetext
(0 rows)

And it takes about 3-4 seconds to return with that prognosis. What's
going on here?

-Brice

--
Brice Ruth