Re: MS Excel to PostgreSQL?

From: Craig Orsinger <cjorsinger(at)earthlink_net(dot)invalid>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MS Excel to PostgreSQL?
Date: 2001-01-31 09:08:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Rudolf Potucek wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I am trying to make MS Excel/MS query talk to a postgreSQL database. Is
> there a way to configure the linux or the MS side so they can talk to
> each other?

I've never used Excel, but it's possible to use ODBC to query
a PostgreSQL database from a Windows system. You need to install the
PostgreSQL ODBC drivers, of course, and set up a connection using
the ODBC control panel. I've done this to allow MS Access to query a
PGSQL database on a Unix system.

If you are interested in trying this, the most current version
of the PGSQL ODBC drivers are located at:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/v06-50-0000/

IIRC, the file "postdrv.exe" is what you're looking for.

For more information, check the PostgreSQL FAQ at: