Re: is PG able to handle a >500 GB Database?

From: Alvar Freude <alvar(dot)freude(at)merz-akademie(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: is PG able to handle a >500 GB Database?
Date: 2001-01-19 03:00:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Tom Lane schrieb:

> You'd probably find the OID counter wrapping around before too long.
> However, as long as you don't assume that OIDs are unique in your data
> tables, that shouldn't bother you a whole lot. AFAIK you should be
> able to make it work.

ok -- the OID-Counter is (still) 4-byte int?

As far as I guess now I don't think I need an unique OID -- if Postgres
didn't need it!

I only need two unique string fields in one table, so it might be a good
test if Postgres will be slower with lots of data ... ;-)

Ciao
Alvar

--
Alvar C.H. Freude | alvar(dot)freude(at)merz-akademie(dot)de

Demo: http://www.online-demonstration.org/ | Mach mit!
Blast-DE: http://www.assoziations-blaster.de/ | Blast-Dich-Fit
Blast-EN: http://www.a-blast.org/ | Blast/english