is PG able to handle a >500 GB Database?

From: Alvar Freude <alvar(dot)freude(at)merz-akademie(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: is PG able to handle a >500 GB Database?
Date: 2001-01-19 02:41:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

recently i got a request for a database with a size of ~550 Gig!

So, I think Postgres should be able to handle this, is it?

I guess, that there are about 100 million to 1000 million table entries
and I need at least two tables (one references another one), better
three or more.

Can it handle such thinks, if there are sufficient hard discs? ;)

Thanks & Ciao
Alvar

--
Alvar C.H. Freude | alvar(dot)freude(at)merz-akademie(dot)de

Demo: http://www.online-demonstration.org/ | Mach mit!
Blast-DE: http://www.assoziations-blaster.de/ | Blast-Dich-Fit
Blast-EN: http://www.a-blast.org/ | Blast/english