Storing a binary file with Visual Basic and ADO

From: Haritz Elosegi <haritz(dot)elosegui(at)epunto(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Storing a binary file with Visual Basic and ADO
Date: 2001-01-17 08:20:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am trying to store a binary file with Visual Basic 6.0 and ADO and I
use the oid data type. The same code with Oracle and the clob type works
but with PostgreSQL I receive an error saying "Multiple Step Operation
generated errors. Check each status value.".
I am using the ODBC drivers and I assign a String to the Oid but it
fails. I have also tried with a bytes array and with variant data type
but the same error happen.
If I use Java and JDBC it works with byte array reading from a stream.
Thank you.