triggers and actions tree/2

From: Fabio Nanni <f(dot)nanni(at)albourne(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: triggers and actions tree/2
Date: 2000-12-13 09:35:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello all,
sorry, but I haven't received any replies to my previous message... and
it's important for me to solve it.

When I perform an action on a psql database (e.g. insert into a table),
some more action could be induced, via trigger firing:
- is it possible to know at any time the exact action chain?
- is it possible to know at any time if the control is inside a
trigger (and which one)?
Sorry, I tried to search in www.postgresql.org but I wasn't able to
find anything useful.

These questions arise because I'm trying to keep in sync two identical
psql databases; I have audited tables and an audit trail. I'm facing the
problem of recognising which actions in the trail were due to a trigger
firing, rather than explicitly commanded.

Thanks again
Fabio